By Baptism we become members of the Church, the Body of Christ.
In Baptism, the Holy Spirit moves us to answer Christ’s call to holiness. In Baptism, we are asked to walk by the light of Christ and to trust in his wisdom. We are invited to submit our hearts to Christ with ever deeper love.
Baptism for Infants and children under the age of 7
Below are the steps that you will be taking in this journey.
- Complete the Baptism Request Form and email it to the Parish Office at email@example.com or call the Parish Office for assistance in filling out the form (419-562-1346).
- In order for you to fully understand the Sacrament of Baptism there is a DVD on the Sacrament of Baptism for you to watch. The DVD and workbook can be picked up at the Parish Office.
- There are two parent preparation classes, one with a deacon, and one with the priest.
- The baptism date will be scheduled once these steps are completed.
Choosing a godparent:
Sponsors assist the parents in raising the child through their journey of faith.
The Church can admit a person to the role of godparent if that person is a Catholic who…
- Is at least 16 years of age
- Is not the father or mother of the person receiving the sacrament
- Has received the sacraments of Confirmation and Holy Eucharist
- If married, has done so according to the laws of the Catholic Church
- If single or divorced, is not living with someone with whom he/she is in a romantic relationship
- Regularly participates at Mass on Sundays and Holydays
- Contributes to the well-being of the parish at which he/she is registered
- Does not contradict the Catholic Church in serious matters of faith and morals.
Baptism for older children
For the baptism of a child older than six, please contact the Parish Office.